The following 10 questions will help you determine if you need to have your hearing tests performed and evaluated by a medical professional:
1. Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
2. Do you have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
3. Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
4. Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
5. Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
6. Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
7. Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
8. Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
9. Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
10. Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
If you answered "yes" to three or more of these questions, you may want to see your doctor for a hearing evaluation. hi HealthInnovations provides free hearing testing in major US cities. Call toll-free at 855-523-9355 to schedule a hearing test today.
The material on this page is for general information only and is not intended for diagnostic or treatment purposes. A doctor or other health care professional must be consulted for diagnostic information and advice regarding treatment.
If you have noticed sudden or one-sided hearing loss, pain, drainage or visible injury to one or both ears, or if you have experienced dizziness, you should consult your physician.