At hi HealthInnovations, we care deeply about our customers. If you have questions, call us toll-free at 1-855-523-9355 and press 2.
1. Watch our popular hearing aid tutorial for answers to the most frequent questions. Discover how hearing aids can positively impact even the most routine parts of your life, and how to use and maintain hearing aids that will save you money!
2. View an online how-to-video for your specific hearing aids:
||hi BTE™ power plus
|How to Video
Getting Started /
|How to Video
Getting Started /
| How to Video
Getting Started /
3. Attend a live Q&A with a Hearing Expert. Everything that you wanted to know about a hearing aid but were afraid to ask. Learn about hearing loss, hearing aids, and communication tips/strategies. Bring your family and friends to the call to get the most benefit!
Every Monday - Thursday at 6 PM CT (7 PM ET, 4 PM PT)
and Friday at 10 AM CT (11 AM ET, 8 AM PT).
Call 1-888-844-7278. When prompted, enter the special access code: 9428061#.
4. Schedule an On-Demand Video Chat appointment for visual assistance from the comfort of your home.
5. Wear your hearing aids as much as possible. It may take a few weeks before you are completely comfortable with them and can fully enjoy the benefits.
6. To improve hearing in a noisy environment, wear two hearing aids, directly face and move closer to the sounds you are trying to hear.
7. Avoid repair costs by keeping your hearing aids clean, dry, and free from ear wax.
Wax can cause whistling
✔ See your doctor to have wax removed, or ask if you can use an over-the-counter
wax removal kit
✔ For the hi BTE models, regularly clean the ear tubes & tips or ear molds
✔ For the hi ITC, regularly change the wax guard as it needs to be replaced, not
cleaned. A tiny screen prevents wax from entering the hearing aid; if broken, the screen
allows wax to enter and damages the hearing aid
Hearing aids need to stay DRY
✔ Open battery door overnight
✔ Wipe the battery door dry when replacing your battery
✔ Do not leave your hearing aids in the bathroom
✔ Use a hearing aid dryer. hi HealthInnovations dryers are only $10
✔ Dry hair and hands before wearing hearing aids
✔ When sweating, avoid wearing hearing aids
8. How to use the battery replacement tool included with your order.
9. If you are new to hearing aids, you may find that your voice sounds booming or sounds sound sharp. Many people find that with continued use of their hearing aids they no longer notice the effect within a few weeks.
The magnetic battery removal tool can be used for easy battery removal. View Video. It also includes a loop for cleaning ear wax from hearing aid ear molds and a brush for cleaning debris from the exterior of your hearing aids. View Cleaning Ear Mold Video.
Why does my voice sound booming?
There is a phenomenon called the “occlusion” effect, which refers to the change you hear in your voice when your ears are plugged, making your voice sounds booming. People may notice it when they begin to wear hearing aids, change to new ones, or make the transition from one to two hearing aids.
Why does my voice sound sharp?
Most people with hearing loss lose their ability to hear high-pitched sounds first. When hearing aids restore some of these sounds to enhance speech understanding, it is not unusual to notice some sharpness.
If the sharpness is bothersome to you, simply reduce the volume. Many people find that with continued use of their hearing aids they can tolerate a bit more volume over time.
10. Why do I have open ear tips, closed ear tips, power domes, or ear molds?
11. How to properly wear your hearing aids. The goal with proper insertion is to have the length of the ear tube & tip flush with your temple.
|An open ear dome/tip has openings for sound to pass through from outside of the hearing aid, providing a more natural sound quality. This decreases the experience of the “occlusion” effect, which refers to the change you hear in your voice when your ears are plugged, making your voice sound hollow or booming.
A closed ear dome/tip reduces the sound from outside the hearing aid, providing more volume, especially in the low frequencies. They work well for greater hearing loss and help control for feedback.
A double closed ear dome/tip is our most occluded option. Much like the closed fit single dome, it prevents external sounds from entering the ear canal and assures that all sounds coming from the hearing aid are contained. This dome provides more low frequency amplification which you may perceive as more volume. Appropriate for moderate to severe hearing loss without risking feedback.
A power dome is often needed for those with severe hearing loss. The power dome consists of an ear hook, tube, elbow connector and dome which allow for more sound to travel into your ear canal and enable more amplification.
A custom ear mold is needed when ear tips cannot provide enough volume or feedback control for your hearing loss. We will help you find a professional to make an ear impression and attach the custom ear mold to your hearing aid.
While ear molds cost an additional ~$75 each, they can last for 3 or more years, saving you money over time as compared to tips, which have to be replaced every 3 months.
If you wear eye glasses or oxygen, put those on before you place the hearing aid over your ear.
Inserting ear tube & tip
1. Place your hearing aid over the top of your ear until it rests securely behind the ear. While holding the hearing aid in place, insert the tip into your ear canal.
2. Gently slide the retention loop along the body of the ear. The retention loop will eventually tuck in easily, as body heat helps it conform to the shape of your ear.
3. For proper insertion, the goal is to have the length of the ear tube & tip flush with your temple.
Inserting power dome or ear mold
1. While holding the hearing aid in place, insert the power dome or ear mold into your ear canal.
2. For proper insertion, the goal is to have the length of the ear tube flush with your temple. Proper insertion of the power dome or ear mold* is crucial to avoid whistling and receive enough volume.
Please call customer service at 855-523-9355 if:
✔ Ear tube seems too long (e.g., falling off top of ear) or too short (e.g., ear tip is pulling out of the canal)
✔ Power dome or ear mold is too loose or you experience feedback (e.g., whistling)
✔ Hearing aid is too high up or far back on the ear
*The ear mold is custom fit by a hearing professional, and should fit snugly in your ear canal.